Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Recipe For A Merry Christmas!


I know it's been a while since DRS Designs released their new Holiday images for this year & that I've posted using this cute little Gingerbread Man before, but he's definitely one of my favorites!

I've paired him with DRS Designs Christmas Recipe sentiment on this card. I think it's appropriate since recipes, baking, and the holidays all go hand in hand!

I colored the image with Copic & Bic markers and stamped the sentiment with SU! Real Red ink. All of the wording on this card is all one sentiment. I cut my unmounted stamp in two so that I could stamp "Recipe For A Merry Christmas" at the top of my card without worrying about inking up the bottom by accident & ruining my project. If you're a regular follower of my blog, then you've probably noticed that I've been doing this a lot lately. I guarantee it won't be the last either! I've realized that I tend to use my sentiments stamps more often when I split them up like this--they instantly become more versatile!

Here's a close up of the sentiment. Makes for a wonderful holiday card, doesn't it?


Stamps: DRS Designs- E040 Gingerbread Man, H539 Merry Christmas Recipe Greeting
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, SU! Real Red
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company & American Crafts
Accessories: Copic & Bic Markers, Nesties, Martha Stewart Zig Zag Border Punch, Ribbon By Ribbon Fx, SU! Ticket Corner Punch
Finished Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"



I hope I've inspired you to get the most out of your unmounted sentiments. I'm really enjoying it!

Thanks for stopping here today and for all of your wonderful comments-I love reading them!

Have a great day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen!! What an adorable card hun!! I love this little gingerbread guy!! Your sentiment is perfect...I don't have this one either! :) I know...can you believe it?!! Have a great day!!HUGS

Beth Norman said...

Very nice. I like the whole layout, and the sentiment on the front.

Victoria said...

this is so lovely, what a great idea.

Victoria
x

Jessica G. said...

I'm a big fan of this little guy, too! Perfect pairing him with this sentiment and those cheery holiday colors!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin