Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, October 5, 2009

Christmas Cards For Operation Write Home!

The DRS Designs DT is showing off another round of holiday cards made for the Operation Write Home Holiday Card Drive on the DRS Designs Blog. Please help us collect as many holiday themed cards as possible for our Troops & show support for our Soldiers!

DRS Designs is offering 2 prizes to those who participate:


Prize 1:
The stamper who has sent us the most cards will win a $50 DRS Designs Gift Certificate!!

Prize 2:
We will pick our favorite card that uses only DRS Designs Rubber Stamps and that stamper will win a $25 DRS Designs Gift Certificate!

Please be sure to get your card donations to us by October 26th so they can be distributed in time for the holiday rush!


Just a few things to remember for each card you send in:
Cards must only be 4.25" x 5.5"
**No Glitter**
No Store bought cards allowed
Please be sure to include an envelope for each card donated.


Send your cards to:
DRS Designs
217 Greenwood Avenue
Bethel, CT 06801



Here's another one of my holiday cards that I submitted. The image & the sentiment are by DRS Designs.

Stamps: DRS Designs- Simple Decorated Tree (H010), Glittering/Twinkling Christmas Greeting
(G1000)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in French Blue
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company, American Crafts
Accessories: Copic & Bic Markers, Yellow Rhinestone by K & Company, Ribbon by Ribbon FX
Finished Card Size: 5.5" x 4.25"

DRS Designs new Christmas Tree image was colored with markers. I created a mask of it with a Post-It Note & sponged light blue ink around it. A yellow rhinestone was added to the center of the star on top. I was tempted to use my favorite yellow Stickles, but remembered that cards with glitter can not be accepted for the Operation Write Home Card Drive. I just love this tree image! I think it's beautifully designed and decorated. I recently joined a Christmas Tree ATC Swap & this image will be perfect for it! You can plan to see it again very soon!

Thanks for visiting today & thank you in advance for helping us support or soldiers!

Smiles,

Jennifer

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea! Sweet card! Love the saying!

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful card, Jennifer! The blue sponging really makes your gorgeous coloring on the tree pop!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen!! I just LOVE how you've made your card for this today!! Awesome coloring and the sentiment works perfectly for it too!! TFS! HUGS

Maria Matter said...

this is beautiful Jennifer!
love the coloring and design! great job!
blessings, Maria

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin