Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, October 12, 2009

On Thanksgiving Day

To all of my Canadian Friends today,

Happy Thanksgiving!

May your day be filled with family, friends, and wonderful food!

In honor of the Canadian Thanksgiving holiday today, I thought I'd share this Thanksgiving card I made recently. The sentiment & the Cornucopia image are by DRS Designs. I love this image and I enjoyed coloring it with marker.


All of the wording you see on this card is one sentiment that I split up. It seems to be my favorite way to decorate my cards lately, and I'm really having fun coming up with layouts that will support my newly separated sentiments. It's like I've ventured into a territory that I've never explored before & it's making all of my sentiment stamps seem "new" again.




Stamps: DRS Designs- G797 Abundance at Thanksgiving Greeting, L566 Cornucopia
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black,
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company, American Crafts
Accessories: Copic & Bic Markers, Nesties, Cuttlebug and Cuttlebug Perfect Paisley Embossing Folder, Ribbon by Ribbon Fx, SU! Word Window, Brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials
Finished Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"


Well, that's it for today...short & sweet! DH and I just got back into town from spending the weekend in Niagara Falls, Canada celebrating our wedding anniversary. It was beautiful & such a nice weekend away. I need to organize my pictures and I'll post them for you to see soon!


Thanks for taking the time to visit here today. I appreciate it!


Hope you all have a great Monday!


Smiles,
Jennifer

6 comments:

Samantha said...

This is a beautiful card Jennifer! I hope you had a wonderful weekend and Happy Anniversary!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! Glad you had a great Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!! ;) Your creation is just gorgeous!! Love the color and the layout is so stunning! HUGS

Thanh Vo said...

Happy Thanksgiving Jennifer!

Laura Evangeline said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!! xoxo~Laura

Beth Norman said...

Happy Anniversary. I love to visit Niagara Falls--so much to see and do. If you drive past the flower clock and butterfly buildings, you'll come up to Niagara on the Lake--full of quaint shops. This is another awesome card.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin