Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, October 16, 2009

Dressing up the Tree!

The theme over at the Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential this week is to dress up a tree! From plain Jane to glamorous is what this theme is all about, so that's what I did!


Stamps: DRS Designs- H010 Simple Decorated Tree, D049 Irish you a Merry Christmas Sentiment
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink French Blue
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Copic & Bic Markers, Cuttlebug and Cuttlebug Snowflakes Embossing Folder, Sitckles, Ribbon by Fx, EK Success Snowflake Border Punch, EK Success Decorative Corner Punch, Stipple Brush
Finished Card Size: 5 7/8" x 5 5/8"



I used the new Christmas tree image from DRS Designs for my challenge card AND the October sketch from the Sheetloads of Cards Blog. I stamped the tree image 3 times, colored it with marker & dressed it up with snowflakes to complete the winter scene.

Make sure to check out the Hidden Potential Blog & Sheetloads Blog to see how you can win some great prizes from DRS Designs!


On another note...I'm extremely delighted to let you know that DRS Designs has just released a fun bunch of Halloween and Fall images that are now available for purchase!

Some of the new images include a spooky tree, some yummy Halloween treats, a scarecrow, a Halloween cat and even a scary blood shot eye!! Of course there are several sentiments to perfectly match these images as well. The DRS Designs DT will be showing them off very soon.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love the snowflakes on the trees!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Jen, saw this on the DRS blog, but wanted to be sure to tell you that I think your tree image stamped multiple times with the snowflakes dressing it up is such a clever idea!! Thank you so much for the wonderful post about Saturday Spotlight and sheetloads!! :) I'm thrilled that you've played along...hope you come back to play with us again!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin