Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, July 26, 2012

May Your Days Be Merry

Hi Everyone!

If you're a regular follower of mine or the DRS Blog then you're familiar with all of the Christmas In July Challenges the DRS DT has been doing. This week's challenge is Christmas in general again, but the DT is showing off the brand new Christmas stamps DRS Designs is releasing this weekend!! I can hardly contain my excitement about them and I'm glad I can finally show off a sneak peek!


I think this Merry and Bright card is my favorite of all of the cards I've made from this batch. Maybe it's the colors or the cute sentiment banner I added (which, I've never made before and love, love, love!) I'm wondering why I didn't try making this kind of banner a long time ago. All of the stamps I used to create this card are new and will be available for purchase this Saturday, July 28th. They include the White Christmas Text (259P) that I used to create the background, the Holiday Hurricane Lamp (253G) and the Merry and Bright Stars Greeting (333E).


The image was colored with Copic Markers and to dress it up a bit I added my favorite yellow Stickles to the flame. Then when it was dry I applied Diamond Glaze over the entire area of the hurricane glass to give it a realistic look.

I hope you like this card as much as I do! 

Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Janett said...

Jennifer I love this card, your coloring is perfect and all the little details make for a perfect card

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin