Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Trifold Sympathy

The DRS Designs Blog this week has challenged us to create Trifold cards. I had some sympathy stamps that I've never used so I decided to get them inked up for this challenge.  


I started with a dark brown cardstock base for my trifold card. I stamped up my own background paper using the Polka Dot Background (688P). For the top flap, I stamped the polka dots with Versamark ink and for the bottom they were stamped with Momento Rich Cocoa ink. The edges of both panels were distressed with Vintage Photo ink.


I created the opening by layering the Sealed With A Prayer image (1010D). I colored it with Copic Markers and attached it to the top flap of my card. I added a small piece of Velcro so that it could be opened and closed repeatedly. The bottom flap was decorated with a strip of dark brown cardstock that was layered with light blue grosgrain ribbon. The silver metal cross I added was a left over embellishment from my son's Baptismal invitations. Love that I have found a great way to reuse them! It was attached by placing a silver brad through the ring at the top of the cross.


I stamped the Extending Sympathy Greeting (1090G) on the inside and embellished it with the praying hands image from the Sealed With A Prayer stamp.  I colored them with Copic Markers, fussy cut them, and then used craft glue to adhere them above the inside greeting.  The edges of the inside panel were distress with light blue ink and as you can see there is plenty of space to write your own heartfelt message. 

Well, that's it for me today.  Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your visit and hope you'll check out all the challenge details and the great prize up for grabs on the DRS Designs Blog! 

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin