Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, January 18, 2013

Birthday Cowboy

The "Gone Country" challenge on the Craft Your Passion Blog this week was the perfect opportunity to show off the Saddle Up Cowboy (764H) from DRS Designs. I thought he'd make a fun kids birthday card. Here's what I created:



I started first by coloring the image with Copic Markers and then I sponged light brown ink around it while it was in a circle Nestability die.  I layered it as shown and next I decorated the red cardstock for my card front.  I stamped the Interlocking Star Background (819H) on the left hand side with blue ink and I used one of the greetings from the Birthday Multi Greeting (219P) for the sentiment. I adhered the image in the center of the card front using foam tape.  I added some ribbon to the far left side and a couple buttons on the upper right side.  Finally, I adhered the card front to an A2 brown cardstock base. Cute and fun, wouldn't you say?

If you're interested in playing along in the "Gone Country" challenge you only have a few more days to do so. Check out all the details HERE.

Thanks for stopping by and have an awesome weekend!

Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this clean and simple designs. The stars on the background are perfect. Important for the design but not dominant. Nice work! Thanks for joining Craft Your Passion this week!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin