Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Masculine Pines

Hi Stampers! Happy Wednesday to you!
Today I'm sharing a masculine Birthday card that I made over the weekend. I know many Stampers struggle with masculine themed cards since many of us are so used to embellishing our cards with lace, ribbon, flowers, and bling! Unfortunately, those embellishments don't work well for the guys, but when the Double Tall Pines (741P) came out in DRS Designs latest release, they immediately screamed "masculine" to me. I challenged myself  to give a masculine themed card a try and I love how this one turned out!


This was fairly easy to create.  More or less, the most involved part was all of the coloring and shading...Time consuming, but not difficult.  To start, I stamped the pines on the far right side of a piece of white cardstock and colored them with Copic Markers. I used a Post-It Note to mask off the bottom so that I could sponge the ground with brown ink and then distressed the edges all the way around with the same ink. Next, I stamped the Buck Bust (319K) on a separate piece of white cardstock and colored it with Copics as well. I used an oval Nestabilities die to cut it out and sponged brown ink around it while it was still in the die.  After matting the image, I adhered it in place as shown, slightly overlapping the pines.  The Birthday Sentiment that I stamped above the Buck image was part of the Birthday Multi Greeting (219P).  I matted the card front on brown cardstock and embellished the bottom with some natural hemp cord (used for jewelry making) that was wrapped around twice and then tied in a knot.  It was finally adhered to a green cardstock base. 

I hope I've inspired you to get creative and stamp some masculine cards. I find they are easier to make when I'm not under the pressure of actually needing one. 
I challenge you to give it a try!

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin