Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Love You More Valentine

I've started to make my Valentine's Day cards, have you?  
Here's a fairly quick and simple one I whipped up this past weekend.  I love that it didn't require any coloring! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE to color, but I'm pretty certain I've never made a card like this before! 
All of the stamps I used are by DRS Designs:
Interlocking Heart Background (808H)


The background is made up of 3 different panels.  The top was simply stamped with the Interlocking Heart Background.  The bottom was embossed with the Heart Embossing Folder from Bringing Crafts-Too You.  The seam between them was layered with red and pink cardstock embellished with a white satin ribbon  which was tied in a knot.  

I used SU!'s Real Red for all of the stamping, except for the sentiment which was stamped in Onyx Black Versafine. The Dotted Heart was stamped twice--once in the center of the Giga Heart Circle and then again on pink cardstock.  I then paper pieced it in the center as shown.  The layered and stamped image in the center was adhered with foam tape for added dimension.  The card front was adhered to an A2 red cardstock base. 

I think I've inspired myself to create more non-colored cards with this one.  Hope you like it as much as I do!   
Thanks for stopping by! 

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin