Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, January 7, 2013

For The Red, White, and Blue!

I have a little something different to show you today, and I bet you've already peeked at the pics below and your first thought was 4th of July cards...Nope! My friend Nancy participates with an organization called Blankets Of Hope. Blankets Of Hope provides blankets to sick or wounded Soldiers/Veterans who are returning to the US. Each blanket has a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 cardstock tag attached to it that the blanket maker uses to write a note to the soldier. That's what I've made below--10 blanket cards!

I apologize a few of these pictures are blurry.  Had I not already sent the cards in I would have retaken them, but they are in transit to Nancy for the assembly event later in January!





Each card was hand stamped with stamps from DRS Designs. The cards didn't have to be patriotic but what US soldier doesn't love red, white, and blue? I thought making them patriotic was appropriate and DRS Designs has some stamps that were perfect for the occasion. Here's a list of stamps that I used to create them:



These were a lot of fun to make and I loved the fact that I had to leave room for a handwritten message.  It made me remember to keep them simple, and that made these quick and easy to create!

Smiles,
Jennifer

4 comments:

Samantha said...

Wow, Jennifer! These are great! I spent a few minutes trying to pick my favorite, but I give up! They're all wonderful and for such a terrific cause too!

Sue said...

Awesome cards Jennifer! I can't imagine how much effort it took to get those start multi-color! Time after time too!

Shelia said...

Jennifer, I love these patriotic cards and for such an awesome cause too!! You rock, girl!!

Karin said...

Jennifer, these are just plain AWESOME! What a great cause too :) Simply amazing designs...Love!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin