Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Telescoping Sunflowers

I couldn't help but be inspired and in awe of all the telescoped cards in the gallery at SCS recently. I just had to give it a try for this weeks Sunflower challenge on the DRS Designs Blog and I thought the large size of the Sunflower Pumpkin Patch (105P) would be perfect for this technique. (See the tutorial for how to create a telescoping Image HERE.)



The image was colored with Copic makers and distressed with Vintage Photo ink.  I embellished this card with some sheer copper ribbon tied in a knot and added Yellow Stickles to the Sunflower petals.  This looks really nice with the shimmer from the copper cardstock.  I added the Small Autumn Greetings sentiment (422B) to the bottom right corner, right over top of the ribbon band. 


Here's what the telescoped layers look like from the side.  There's quite a bit of dimension here! This finished card size is 4.5" x 5."

Thanks for stopping by and please come back to visit soon!



Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin