Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Birthday "Paws"

Sorry it's been a week already since I've last posted.  I received a new bag of rubber goodies from DRS Designs and I got sidetracked with their new Halloween images. Just wait til you see them!!!  I get to show them off very soon, so stay tuned.  

For now, I'm sharing this cute birthday card I created for this weeks DRS Blog Challenge.  The theme is "Punny" sayings and I couldn't resist using cute, little "Wags" the Dog (1117F) with the "Paws"itively Fantastic Birthday Greeting (727F).   


I also used the Polka Dot Background (688P) and the Small Dog Print (1003A) to create my own pattern paper.  I love the look of the 2 patterns and colors overlapping each other.  Not sure how I stumbled on this layout, but I'm really happy with it as well.  I think it shows off the image and sentiment well, yet is spacious enough to show off the background too.  Wags was colored with Copic Markers and the background layers were distressed with Antique Linen. Finished card size is 4.25" x 5.5"  

Run over to the DRS Blog and check out the rest of the "punny" cards created by the DRS DT.  I promise you'll enjoy what you see! 

Have a great day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Karin said...

Great color combo and I love your layout!

Paula said...

What a terrific background and layout!! Cute, Cute, Cute!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin