Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Wiggle Worm!


I've been hard at work in my stamp room this week getting ready for a bunch of upcoming challenges, but I did find time yesterday to whip up a card for this weeks Splitcoast sketch challenge SC242. I had this wiggle worm image already colored in my stash & thought this was a good time to put it to use, plus it fit the sketch well too!

I colored the image with Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol, and masked it to sponged blue ink around it. Kind of hard to tell, but the "Hooked on You" sentiment was stamped in black ink.


Stamps: DRS Designs- Worm on Hook (G843), I'm Hooked on You sentiment (D1103)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in French Blue
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Cuttlebug and Cuttlebug Divine Swirls Embossing Folder, Blue Ribbon by Li'l Davis Designs in Periwinkle, and brown ribbon by The Paper Studio, Brown brads by Joann's Scrap Essentials, blue brads by Making Memories, Spiral Clip by The Paper Studio
Finished Card Size: 4 5/8" x 5 3/4"


Whenever I make a card I really like I also show DH. Not necessarily to get his opinion, as I know he doesn't care, but just to see what he would say about it. This card was one that I showed him, and he asked, "why does the worm look happy? Doesn't he know he's about to be dinner?" LOL! I never really thought about that with this image--it's just a cute little work on a hook, but he's right! (Don't tell him I said that!)


Smiles,
Jennifer

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Your card is just perfect. Love the cute image and the perfect sentiment.

Heather said...

This is incredible! I love the brilliant blues! Great card!

Anonymous said...

HOW CUTE!!!

Jessica G. said...

Fun card and even more fun comment by your DH! The sponging around the image is an awesome effect; I need to try that!

Samantha said...

Awesome card Jennifer! Very cool layout!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin