Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Three Hoots For A Good Book!

Happy Saturday & welcome to the 5th blog challenge from the Sunflowers & Dragonflies DT!


This week’s challenge is to create a bookmark. Anyone can play along in the challenge and we hope you will! There are no limits on time or supplies. Of course we’d prefer that you use images by Sunflowers and Dragonflies, but feel free to use other images. Your participation will enter you in a drawing to win a Nestability set for free! And if you use a Sunflowers and Dragonflies Image you will receive an extra entry in the drawing for the Nestability set! So, if you have any S&D stamps it would be worth it to use them! Please post a direct link to your challenge project from either your blog or an online gallery to the Sunflowers and Dragonflies Blog, so we can view it. If you upload to an online gallery, please use the keyword S&D5.





The bookmark I created for this challenge uses the owl image three times & I computer generated the sentiment "Three Hoots For A Good Book!"

I started this bookmark by cutting my light blue cardstock down to size and layering it with leaf punchies from my EK Success punch using 2 different colors of green cardstock. The owls stamped in black ink and then colored with Prismacolor Pencils and blended with Gamsol. I cut them out and placed them "in the trees" on my bookmark front. I matted it with dark blue cardstock, added a dark blue eyelet & threaded yellow satin ribbon through it for the tassle. IRL, it really helps to bring out the yellow in the owls' eyes!


Stamps: Sunflowers and Dragonflies Creative Designs- Owl
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Creamy Brown Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company, American Crafts
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Eyelet By Joann's Scrap Essentials, EK Success Slim Line leaf punch, Ribbon By Offray,
Finished Card Size: 5 7/8" x 3"


Have you read a good book lately? I'm not much of a reader, but I'm still trying to finish the Harry Potter series and after all the rave reviews I do want to read the Twilight series...eventually!


Well, short and sweet to the point today! We're all getting ready for my SIL's Wedding today! I hope to have some fun pictures to share tomorrow. Please pray that the weather will be nice for her--it sounds like it's supposed to rain/Thunderstorm majority of the day! (YUCK!)


Thanks for visiting! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Smiles,
Jennifer

4 comments:

Beth Norman said...

Wonderful bookmark. Your three owls and verse are very unique. Thank you for a job well done! Sorry it had to rain. Hopefully wedding pics could be outside before it poured.

Traci G said...

love your bookmark!!! I'm not much of a reader. I do love making bookmarks though!!

Jessica G. said...

Great challenge! Fun bookmark -- I never seem to have enough of these and they make wonderful mini gifts, too!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how cool is this bookmark! I love the colors so bright and happy!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin