Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, August 10, 2009

Diorama Card Challenge

Today begins another DRS Designs blog challenge. The design team was challenged to make diorama cards! They may look intimidating, but they are really quite quick and easy. Quick of course, depending on how detailed you want to get! You can find the tutorial on SCS. We would love to see your creations with this style card. Be sure to post a direct link to your creation in the comment section of the DRS Designs Challenge post #27. If you upload to a public gallery, please use the keyword DRSC27.


Please excuse my short explanation post for today. I whipped up this challenge card earlier last week, but with my Sister-in-laws wedding this past Saturday and all of the family festivities that have gone on with it, I haven't had much time to get it posted. So, without further adieu, here's my Diorama Challenge card! I made this as a representation of the heat wave & humidity blast we're experiencing right now.


I used Prismacolor Pencils/Gamsol, and Bic Markers to color in all of the images. Unlike how the the SCS Tutorial used Marvy Punches, I used my Circle Nesties to create the openings on the middle & outer layers. I sponged ink around my scalloped Nestie die to create the look of clouds in the sky on the card front--they're a little hard to see, but look perfect IRL with that sun image!

Here are some more pictures of my challenge card from different angles so you can see each layer. This was my first time creating this type of card & I was shocked to see it all come together so easily and quickly!






Stamps: DRS Designs- Beach Baby Cutie Pie (F1094), Beach Boy Cutie Pie (F1096), Bitsy Bee (A1020), 3 Flowers with Buterfly (H1068), 4 in 1 Beach Background (D1099), Fun in the Sun Sentiment (D1072)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink French Blue
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by The Paper Company
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Bic Markers, Nesties
Finished Card Size: 4.5" x 4.5"


Of course if you have any questions about how I created my Diorama card, please feel free to ask!

Don't forget to run over to the DRS Designs blog to see the Diorama cards created by the rest of the DRS DT!

Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my heavens this is super duper cute!

Anonymous said...

This is just too stinkin' cute Jen!! I love your combo of images!! Great job on the challenge!! HUGS

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin