Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, August 31, 2009

Sunny Sunflower ATC's

Back in June, I joined a Sunflower ATC swap over at the Stamp Shack. Although I have a ton of Sunflower stamps, I wasn't quite sure how I was going to make mine. I hadn't given it much thought and it still seemed like a challenge to me since I'm rather new to the ATC scene. Overtime I forgot about--the due date isn't until mid-September, so I knew I had plenty of time to figure out what I wanted to make for this swap.


It wasn't until last week when I made this card, that everything fell into place & I inspired myself! Have you ever done that?


Here are the Sunny Sunflower ATC's that I worked on this past weekend for this swap.



I colored the image with Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol. Then I masked the sunflower and sponged blue ink around the flower petals, and stamped the sentiment at the top. Once I had it adhered to the yellow cardstock background I added my favorite Yellow Stickles to each petal to really make it "pop!"

Stamps: Sunflower by Kodomo Inc., sentiment by A Muse
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink French Blue
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Yellow Stickles
Finished Card Size: 2.5" x 3.5"


Sunflowers are one of my favorite flowers, along with Gerbera Daisies, maybe because they are so similar in shape?? What's your favorite flower?

Smiles,
Jennifer

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Just rich colors that just pop! LOVE IT!

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful ATCs! The blue background sponging really makes the happy yellow pop and the sentiment is perfect!!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Jen, these are just gorgeous hun!! I love the pretty colors and the fun details you've put into these!!

Beth Norman said...

Gorgeous, darling, gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin