Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Big Glittery Bloom!

I just can't seem to get enough of this Big Bloom image by DRS Designs and glitter lately. I used Yellow Stickles when I made this card, but today's card went back to the basics--a glue pen & a little jar of fine pink glitter. There was a nice coat of glitter dust all over my scrap room when I was done with this card! It all makes me feel like a kid again!


This card was pretty basic to make--Primsacolor Pencils and Gamsol to create the flower background, then I used glitter to outline each flower petal. Black grosgrain ribbon finished off the background panel, I layered it with pink and black cardstock and then stamped the Friendly Note Sentiment below it. This is such a fun card--wish I could show you the sparkle in real life!

Stamps: DRS Designs- Bloomin' Huge Flower (M1023), Just a Friendly Note Sentiment (D586)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, SU!
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Ribbon By Bobbie M. Designs, Barbara Trombley's Ultrafine Opaque Art Glitter in Carnation
Finished Card Size: 4.5" x 7"


****************************

Well, we are busy here at my house. T minus 3 days before my Sister-in-Law's wedding. I'm her Matron of Honor, and she'll be getting ready for her big day at our house! I keep telling her that it's going to seem like Hollywood here that day! :-) DH and I are so very excited, but there's a ton to do around the house for a day like that! I'm not sure how much stamping time I'll have over the next week or so--I do have a few scheduled blog posts here & there, but please know that over the next week, things will be a little more quiet than usual on my blog. We have family coming in from out of town who will be staying for the week, so I won't be spending a lot of time in my scrap room until they leave--which will be around August 15th. That's a long time to go without stamping, so watch out! I'll be a stamping fool after they leave and I'll have tons to show you very soon!

************************

I hope you all have a fabulous week!

Thanks for visiting today.

Smiles,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Jessica G. said...

This flower is gorgeous in pink, especially with a bit of sparkle! Have fun at the wedding!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! This sure is a big glittery bloom!! I just love the sparkle on this gorgeous flower!! :) TFS!!

Samantha said...

Ooooh, this is so pretty! I just love shiny things!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin