Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Makin' A Splash!

I know many of the kiddos have gone back to school this week, but it's still Summer here in my book, and there's still time for Fun in the Sun! I'm making the most of my Summer themed stamps as I have a big shipment of fun Fall themed ones that will soon find their way in my mailbox, and when that happens, you won't be seeing anything but Fall on this blog--I just can't help myself, I'm a Fall girl, and I live for that season!

I found Splash, the Dolphin from DRS Designs, in my stash of colored images today. With the Fall and the colder temps right around the corner I thought I'd make him into a card now, rather then when there's snow on the ground. It'd be a little weird to post him in January when everyone else is posting about Snowmen and sleigh rides, ya know? (However, I know my friends down under in Australia probably wouldn't think much about it!) Plus, there's nothing like whipping up a card when you have an image that's already to go. It seems like the colored ones are always begging, "pick me, pick me!" LOL, and those are the ones I go to first when I sit down to make a card.


I used Splash to create this card for this weeks CPS Sketch Challenge #130. He was colored with Copic Markers and the water around him was colored with Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol. I couldn't forget to add Diamond Glaze to the water on this one--I just love that cool effect!



Stamps: DRS Designs- Splash the Dolphin (H1031), Fun in the Sun Sentiment (D1072)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in French Blue
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Copic Markers C1 and C3, Nesties, Fiskars Boundary Waters Border Punch, Diamond Glaze, Spiral Clip by Creative Impress, Ribbon By Li'l Davis Designs
Finished Card Size: 4.5" x 5.25"



So, leave me a comment & let me know what's on your to-do list before the Summer's over?
I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks for visiting today!


Smiles,
Jennifer

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh this is great! I love the calming colors and the fun waves! I love fall too! Can't wait for the leaves to start changing colors!

Anonymous said...

So very adorable Jen!!! He IS having so much fun in the sun!! TEE!! Love the sparkly splashes and the border!! HUGS

Heather said...

This is totally adorable! Your coloring is just perfect! Great job!

Charity Hassel said...

what a great card and adorable dolphin! thanks for using the cps sketch this week!

Samantha said...

Awesome card Jennifer! You make Splash look like a star!

Jessica G. said...

It still feels like summer here! Fun card with beautiful blues, perfect punched border, and just the right amount of splash!!

Sue Lelli said...

Looks like you should be living in Florida instead of Michigan! GREAT card - so FUN!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin