Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, August 17, 2009

Thank You!

Going on vacation is always something I look forward too, but I there's nothing like being at home and sleeping in your own bed! My DH and I spent last week in Gatlinburg Tennessee with his family. We had a ton of fun, ate tons of good food and had many great laughs, but I'm glad to be home--a week can go by so fast yet feel so long all at the same time.

I spent majority of Sunday working in my Stamp room working on some ATC's & coloring images, which you'll get to see here on my blog very soon. I also created this Thank you card.

This card was made for DH's Aunt, who surprisingly bought me a pair of shoes that I didn't want to by for myself while we were on vacation. She claimed that it was because she had yet to buy me a birthday present this year--my birthday was in February! She's so sweet! Over the course of the week we spent some time talking about my papercrafting hobby and I wanted to create a card for her so she can see just what I do. I thought sending her a handmade Thank you card was just the way to do it! I can't wait for her to get it--I know she'll be surprised!

The layout I used for this card is from last week's SCS Sketch challenge #241. I colored the image with Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol, and used chalk to shade the background. I spiced it up a bit by adding Yellow Stickles to each petal. Have I ever told you how much I love Yellow Stickles? I think it really helps to make Yellow flowers "pop!"


Stamps: Sunflower image by Kodomo Inc., Thank You sentiment by Lockhart Stamp Co.
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Ribbon by Pebbles Inc, SU! Word Window Punch, SU! Ticket Corner Punch, Yellow Stickles, Chalk by Inkadinkado
Finished Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"



Well, thanks for stopping by today & hanging in there while I was gone all last week. The stress and wedding festivities prevented me from preparing some projects and blog posts that I wanted to post while I was gone, so sorry for that. But, I'm home now & eager to play with my paper & ink, so you can look forward to seeing more projects from me this week.

I hope you have a good week!

Smiles,
Jennifer

4 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful coloring on your sunflower and the sparkle is the perfect sunny embellishment!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Jennifer, your flower is just amazing here!! Gorgeous design and love the sparkle!! :)

I'm sure it's nice to be in your own house and sleep in your own bed...I always feel that way after I've been gone a while too!! HUGS

Patti said...

Beautiful coloring job on this! And I love the stickles accents on the petals. I would have never thought that yellow stickles would look so pretty!

Unknown said...

LOVING your blog and your cards!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin