Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, August 24, 2009

Sketch Challenge by DRS Designs!

Today begins another challenge DRS Designs Blog. Here's another one for all you sketch lover's out there to try!



We would love for you to play along in our sketch challenge...simply post a direct link in the comment section of the challenge #28 post on the DRS Designs Blog so we can come check it out!! If you upload to a public gallery, please use the keyword DRSC28.

It's been a while since I played with some of DRS Designs most popular ladybug stamps and sentiments, so I decided to use them for the challenge.



"Speckles," as she's so appropriately called, was colored with markers and I hand doodled in the corners with a black jelly pen. Some fun ribbon and a few brads helped me complete this card according to the sketch. The best sketches are always fun & easy to use & this one was no exception!





Stamps: DRS Designs- Speckles the Ladybug (F578), Ladybug Birthday Greeting (G576)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Paper: Smooth white cardstock by Office Depot, Colored Cardstock by American Crafts and Bazzill
Accessories: Bic Markers, Nesties, Ribbon and Brads by The Paper Studio, Black Jelly Roll Pen, Copic Marer C1
Finished Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"


If you haven't checked the DRS Designs Challenge post make sure to do so to see all of the creative uses the DT came up for this sketch!

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday!


Smiles,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Such a fun ladybug image and what a perfectt sentiment to combine her with! Great job on the sketch!!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, this lady bug is just too stinkin' cute!! What an awesome take with the sketch!! :) HUGS

Teresa Kline said...

what an adorable card, I luv the colors together.....great work!

enjoy *~*

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin