Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Get Well Soon

Hi Friends! 
Hope your day is going well.  I'm overly excited today as I have the next 5 days off of work and I'm heading to a yearly get-away with stamping friends for the weekend.  I'm a little nervous though...this is my first time being away from Anthony since he was born.  My Husband has a day of Daddy-Duty and then Anthony is off to Grandma's for the weekend since Hubby has to work.   I know the time away is good for me and Anthony is in good hands.  I'm looking forward to a couple night's of uninterrupted sleep(!) and 36 hours of time to myself to stamp, stamp, stamp!!!!!! If all goes well I'll have lots of projects to show off in the upcoming weeks!


As I'm sure you are very aware by now, every Thursday DRS Designs posts a new blog challenge.  This week the DT wants to see Get Well cards.  I've recently used this Dogwood Branch (1092H) for a Mother's Day card and I'm seeing that this can be a very versatile stamp by just changing up the sentiment.  I've seen some of the DT members use it as a beautiful background stamp and I'd like to try it that way as well.  I apologize this photo is a little on the dark side.  The colors I used for this card are yellow, turquoise, and brown.


The Dogwood Branch was colored with Copic Markers and I added the One Line Get Well Greeting (1097E) to the bottom of the card front.



The shading around the Dogwood was done by masking the image and then sponging yellow ink around it while it was in a Nestability die. 


Interested in seeing what the other DRS DT members created for this Get Well challenge? Check out their challenge cards and the rest of the challenge details HERE


Thanks for stopping by! 

Smiles, 
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin