Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, April 23, 2012

5 Cards and Poker Suits

It's official...I've lost my mojo for layouts. I've tried designing new cards all day and I didn't like anything I came up with.  I turned to the Splitcoast Stampers sketch challenges for inspiration. 
I found the layout of sketch SC375 to look interesting--not too complicated and it worked well with the stamps I wanted to show off for today.  Here's my take on this sketch...


I used DRS Designs new 4 in 1 Poker Suits stamp (1128D) to create my own background.The red suits were colored with Copic Markers.    Isn't it perfect with the 5 cards (157D) image that I used as my focal image?  The horizontal and vertical panels were embossed with the Swiss Dots embossing folder, but it's hard to see in the picture.  

If you haven't seen DRS Designs new stamps, take a looky HERE.  I'll be showing off more of them soon!


Thanks for stopping in! Have a great day!

 Smiles, 
Jennifer

1 comment:

Karin said...

I'm on a major rut myself, but this is a total home run! The layout is perfect for these stamps!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin