Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sweet Birthday Cupcake!

Last week for DRS Designs Shape Up Challenge, I started Working on this cupcake card, but I had forgotten about the note I wrote to myself to try the Teepee card that was featured in the April issue of Scrap and Stamp Arts magazine. In the meantime, the cupcake card was put on the back burner and I started on my Teepee card from scratch. Luckily, this week's challenge on the DRS blog is all about food, so my cupcake card fit right in! Best part, is that I was already half done with this week's challenge project!


The first step to make this card was to hand draw the cupcake silhouette on white cardstock that was folded in half. The card opens upward, so the card fold is located under the cherry. Next, I created a template by tracing the cupcake silhouette on scrap paper. I cut it into two pieces, one for the bottom and the other for the top portion of the cupcake.

I used the bottom portion to cut the cupcake wrapper from brown cardstock. The edges were inked with Vintage Photo and then I stamped it with the Lines O' Plenty Background (366H). The upper portion of the cupcake was cut from pink cardstock and the edges were inked with Worn Lipstick. Then I stamped the frosting repeatedly with the Raindrop Background (1012H) in multiple colors to resemble sprinkles. The cherry was papercrafted by cutting a red cardstock circle with a Nestability die and hand drawing the center line. I added Diamond Glaze to it to make it look realistic and added a brown cardstock stem. 

DRS Designs has a great food-themed prize to give away this week.  Check out all the details for the challenge here, link up your Food For Thought card, and win! 

Have a great day!

Smiles, 
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin