Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, June 28, 2010

Get Well Soon!

Have you ever made your own background paper?

I did on this card by stamping DRS Designs Interlocking Flower Background stamp (H813) repeatedly on light blue cardstock.  Then I used Copic Markers and a white Gel pen to color in the flowers.  It was quick and oh so easy to create! I love the shading created by the different Copic Maarkers I used--B00, B02, and B05.  The white gel pen is the perfect accent!

The greeting used in this card is DRS Designs Bloming with Good Health Greeting (G055).  I split it up and used the upper portion of it as the focal point on my card front.  The bottom of the card was decorated with rhinestones and the rest of the sentiment.  I also used a floral Cuttlebug embossing folder, small blue rhinestones, and elegant white and silver ribbon to complete this card.  I hope you enjoyed it!

Thanks for visiting today!

Smiles,
Jennifer

4 comments:

Karin said...

I love the monochromatic look...So pretty with the touches of bling!

Anonymous said...

I like your background blue..Great idea.-Kim S.

Samantha said...

I just love the blues of this card Jennifer! It's beautiful!

Call Me Crafty Al said...

Wonderful monochromatic card!! Great job on the background paper - really like how you used the white gel pen.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin