Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Ever Heard of Scraplings?


Have you ever heard of Scraplings?

Scrapling cards are strips of cardstock that measure 1.25”x 8.5" scored at the 4.25" mark so that you have a tall and very skinny card.  Best part is that you often have scraps laying around that are this size from making larger size cards.   It's always great when you can re-use your scraps!

I've been busy trying these out. I made several Scraplings yesterday during my Scrap Therapy session--Papercrafting seems to be a complete stress reliever these days-I love disappearing into this other world where it's just me, my stamps, paper, and ink and not a care in the world!  Can you relate to this?

Anyways, here they are!


Like I said, very tall and skinny! However, these are not even as skinny as they should be! I made them a bit wider to accomodate my stamped images and to also include room for a bit of matting.

I used stamps from DRS Designs on each Scrapling. 


This first one uses the Holly/Candy Cane Postage Frame (H998).  I colored it with Copic Markers and then carefully cut it out along the Holly border. I covered the postage frame part with red cardstock and added the Triple Holly (F1004) image in that space.  The background was created using White Staz On ink and the Lines O'Plenty Background (H366).

Next up with a bit of Golden flair, is my Sunflower Scrapling.  It is very similar to the one above, since it is also a postage frame stamp.  This one uses the Sunflower Postage Frame (H710), and it too was colored with Copic Markers.


As you can see I added brown cardstock to the area where the postage should go.  I stamped this image a second time and then colored and cut out the bottom sunflower to fill the postage frame space. After matting it with green cardstock I added some ribbon.  The yellow base was embossed with the Stars Cuttlebug Embossing folder to add a bit of texture. 

Finally, the last one is also for the holidays.  It uses the Vertical Let It Snow (H233) stamp


This image was colored with Prismacolor Pencils and the colors were blended with Gamsol.  A bit difficult to see, but by looking closely, you can see that the red cardstock base was stamped with the small snowflake from the 4 in 1 Snowflake stamp (D096) and white ink.  This Scrapling was the plainest of a ll three, so to bling it up a bit I added Stickles to the Snowman's face and to all the snowflakes. A bit of red ribbon dressed it up too.

So, what did you think of my Scraplings?  Do you have a favorite? Are you brave enough to give them a try? Leave me a link if you do, I'd love to see yours!

Have a great day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Karin said...

These are adorable! I especially like that cute snow man :)

Anonymous said...

These are really cute. I will have to try these with my scraps laying around. -Kim S.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin