Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, June 2, 2008

Wedding Gift!

Last weekend, my husband and I attended the wedding of very good friends of ours. I was in a bind a few days before the wedding and in my haste I decided to pick up a wedding card while I was out-and-about shopping. At this one particular store I picked up about 6 different wedding cards that were very simple in design, and what I thought would only cost a couple bucks. Boy, was I wrong!!! All 6 of these plain Jane wedding cards were no cheaper than $4.00! I could not believe it! It was right there and then that I decided I had to make time to create a wedding card for them. Besides, who doesn't like a homemade gift?

On my drive home from the store, the wheels Mouse On Wheel in my head were turning as I tried to think of how to design a wedding card. I remembered Becky from the Stamp Shack teaching me how to make the cutest gift card holders when we went away for our Shackapoloosa weekend. Ding! Ding! Ding! The bells in my head went off & I decided that I was going to make them one, but call it a money holder!

The wedding invitation was beautiful--a shade of lime green with chocolate brown, which I knew were the wedding colors. So, I decided that those colors were going to be the basis for my design. I don't have very many wedding themed stamps, so I browsed through my rub-on collection and happened to find silver wedding themed rub-ons. How lucky was that? I forgot I even had them!






So, here are pictures of how it turned out!

This is the front view. I even found matching lime green polka-dot ribbon in my stash to match!











I used my Marvy Uchida scallop punches and pop-dotted them to add dimension to the front of the gift card holder.



Here is the inside flap. Again, I used my Marvy Scallop punches to create the opening where I would insert the folded bill. The rings you see on the other side of the scallop is on the last page, where I included our hand written message in a white gel pen.



I forgot to take a picture of the back, but it is green cardstock and on the back I used my custom stamp that says "Handmade especially for you by Jennifer" and heat embossed it in silver.
I've also made another one of these for a friends birthday, that I will show you in another post. It turned out even cuter than this!
Happy Monday everyone!
Have a great week!
Smiles,
Jennifer

Paper: Bazzill Cardstock
Accessories: Rub-ons-Royal Langnickel Brush Wedding Bells Silver, Ribbon-unknown
Gift: Green Money!




3 comments:

Swamp Tulip said...

I love it and I bet the bride and groom did too. How difficult was this to make? Super job.

Teresa

Jennifer E. said...

Hi Teresa! This wasn't hard at all! If there's enough intrest I'll do a tutorial on my blog. :-)
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Nice choice!! I also like some inexpensive and meaningful wedding gifts.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin