Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Birthday Gift Card Holder!


Well, finally as promised, Here is the Birthday Gift card holder I recently made. My theory...You can never have to many cards on hand for Birthdays, and Gift cards come in handy too! I think they make a great gift. How cute is this quick and easy gift card holder??

Unfortunately, the colors are a little washed out by my flash on the front. Imagine them alot more vivid than you see here. I heat embossed the sentiment (Impression Obsession) in dark blue embossing powder. Then I used my 1" circle punch to punch it out. I used my Inkadinado chalk to add some green around the edges. Next, I created the light blue mat using my Cricut, and the dark blue scalloped circle was made using my Marvy Uchida punch. (I know, I know, again I NEED those Nesties!) I pop dotted the matted sentiment on Doodlebug Designs patterned paper. The ribbon that ties the card together is adhered under the patterned paper.



In this picture you see the sentiment I put on the inside. I thought of this on my own using several packages of Studio G clear stamps. It fits though, doesn't it? I the birthday hat image is also a Studio G stamp that I colored with my Prismacolor pencils in coordinating colors. The hat is stamped on the back page--you can see a little bit of my handwritten message there.





This last picture shows the sparkle gift card in place.


I'm sure I'll be making more gift card holders like this very soon. I'd love to start making some up for Christmas. Any interest in a tutorial? The actual making of the card portion is really quick and easy to make. I made the one shown in this post from start to finish in less than an hour. Leave me a comment and let me know if your interested. I'd love to hear from you!

Stay tuned for our next Fun Filled Friday announcement tomorrow. I've challenged Kimmy with a color challenge for this week. You'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out what it is!

Hope your weekend is a blast!

Smiles,
Jennifer








No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin