Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, June 27, 2008

FFF-Diplomabella!



Well, It's June. For many people it signifies the end of school followed by commencements and the term "graduation." So, for my Fun Filled Challenge with Kimmy, I thought this would be a perfect week to create with Diplomabella for our Beautiful Bella challenge.


To make this card, I first stamped & colored Diplomabella using my Prisma color Pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol. I trimmed the white cardstock around her and matted her with dark blue cardstock. I tied blue satin ribbon in the upper left and bottom right corners of the image.





Next, I created the cardstock base from dark blue cardstock, which measures A2 size, 4.25" x 5.5". I used sparkly graduation cap patterned paper for the card front, which I matted with black cardstock. Then, I cut a piece of shiny silver sentiment paper to 5 1/8" x 1.5" , which reads "Congratulations on your Graduation" repeatedly in fancy writing on the 12" x 12" sheet. I tried to pick a portion of this paper so that you could read part of the sentiment on the front of my card. I layered this matted sentiment piece horizontally across the lower portion of my card front.

Next, I adhered Bella to the far left side of my card front, being careful not to cover up "graduation." I thought the sentiment bar looked a little plain, so I cut out one of the sparkly graduation caps from the other paper & used pop dots to position it just above the word "graduation."







Then, in the empty space between the sparkly graduation caps, I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig (love this little gadget!) to carefully place the sentiment "For your Graduation" between the caps.





A lot of my cards I create for publishing purposes, but this one was actually created to give to a family member for her graduation party in July. She is a beginner papercrafter and really likes to make her own cards as well, so I'm sure she will greatly appreciate this as part of her Graduation gift!






Well, don't forget to check out Kimmy's Beautiful Bella Challenge card. She's already warned me she has something unique in store for this card!





Kimmy and I are looking for other people to participate in our card challenges with us. If you have a Bella card that you've made recently or if you'd like to whip one up, post a link to your card here on this post. I'd love to see your Bella cards!



Make sure to check back on Sunday when I announce next weeks Fun Filled Friday Challenge.



Thanks for visiting today!

Have a great weekend!



Smiles,

Jennifer


  • Stamps: Diplomabella- Stamping Bella, sentiment- Paper Impressions

  • Paper: Smooth white cardstock from Office Depot, all colored cardstock-Bazzill, Patterned Paper-Reminscence

  • Ink: Staz On Jet Black

  • Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Ribbon-Offray, Pop-dots

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin