Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Tutorial: Framing with Post-It Notes

Thanks to all of you who subscribe to my blog, my daily readers, and to those of you who comment often.  I appreciate your visits and love what you have to say about my cards!   I was recently asked to show how I create the white frame around the images I use after posting my Thanksgiving card the other day. I decided to create a tutorial so that I could show a step-by-step demonstration. Enjoy!

Step 1: After stamping and coloring image, trim excess cardstock around it.


Step 2: Stamp image on Post-It Note and cut out to create image mask.

Step 3: Use Post-It Notes to mask off edges around image. 

Step 4: Sponge area around image with ink to match the theme of your project.

Step 5: Remove Post-It Notes around the outer edges.

Step 6: Use finished image to complete your project!


Happy Stamping! 

Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Sue said...

Thanks for the great, easy to understand tutorial! I never thought to mask the focal image - duh! And your sponging always comes out so smooth and perfect, I'm a wee bit jealous!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin