Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Thanksgiving Pumpkin

It's Thursday already and time to show off another DRS Designs Blog Challenge card. The theme this week is Sunflowers!


I chose to use the Pumpkin with Leaves stamp (165K) for the qualifying element for this challenge. I carefully colored it with Copic Markers and then masked and sponged tan ink around it while it was in a Nestie die.  I used this same technique to add color to the stamped One Line Happy Thanksgiving sentiment (841D). (See my own tutorial for this HERE.) I also stamped the plaid that I used in the background. This was done with the Woven Plaid stamp (613P).  I used brown ink and stamped it in 2 opposite directions. It gives a warm and cozy feel to this card, don't you think? The final touch was to decorate the sentiment banner. I used a brown button, threaded with orange embroidery floss that I neatly tied in a bow.

Tis the season for sunflowers, won't you play along?

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin