Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Halloween Pumpkin

I can hardly believe it's practically the end of October already! But, I have to admit, I'm like a kid again with butterflies in my belly over Halloween this year, now that my 2 year old is old enough to participate in the festivities and enjoy it! Our neighborhood had a "Boo" parade for all the little kids this past Sunday and it was our son's first introduction to what Halloween is all about. He enjoyed being in his Mickey costume and parading all around the neighborhood singing "boo" carols (something like Christmas caroling.) 
Here's a pic of the cutest Mickey Mouse ever!


With Halloween right around the corner, the new challenge on the DRS Designs Blog is "Pumpkins A Plenty." I created this card below for my entry. 


It was the perfect opportunity to use some of the cute little pumpkin brads I've had forever! They seem to match the the Fancy Pumpkin (077G) perfectly. I colored it with Copic Markers and then used a masking technique to sponge the yellow ink around it, creating the white frame. I broke up the Batty Happy Halloween Greeting (548G) to accommodate my layout and then added 3 bat punchies to add some dimension to my card front. For the final touch, I used some yellow Stickles on the buckle for a bit of sparkle.  Finished card size is 4.25" x 5.5".

Well, that's about it for me today. I hope I've inspired you to get in the spirit of Halloween (or Fall too) and show off your pumpkins. Make sure to check out all the details on the "Pumpkins A Plenty" challenge HERE!

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin