Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Leaves Are Changing

There's no doubt that Autumn is near. There are all kinds of colors seen in the trees in my backyard and looking at them was the perfect inspiration to create this card for the challenge on the DRS Designs Blog this week, "Inspired By Autumn."  What I love best about this card is that it's clean and simple!




I started first by stamping the Tree Limb (568P) on ivory cardstock. Then I used Post-It Notes to mask off the area that I wanted to sponge with orange ink in order to highlight the sentiment. I started by sponging a light orange color first and then sponged a darker orange ink as I got closer to the bottom edge. I defined this area further by scoring a horizontal line just above and below the sponged area. Using my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, I carefully stamped the Changing Leaves Thanksgiving Greeting (1122G) over the sponged ink next to the tree. I matted the card front with orange cardstock and then added 4 mini copper brads as shown before adhering the card front to a dark brown cardstock base.  What do you think?

Has Autumn inspired you yet this year? Show us and enter to win a prize from DRS Designs HERE.

Thanks for stipping by. Hope you'll be back soon!

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin