Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Who's Your Mummy!

Hi Everyone! Hope today finds you well!

There's a new challenge posted over on the DRS Designs Blog today. The theme is "It's BRIGHT in Here!" We are asked to use bright or neon colors on our challenge cards this week.

I was inspired by this challenge to create a Halloween card. I love using bright green and black for Halloween cards and I think this combo was perfect for my Who's Your Mummy card!


Isn't that Mummy (943H) adorable? (It will be available for purchase from DRS Designs very soon!) It was simply colored with a gray Copic Marker to add shading to his bandages. Then I masked him and the edges of the cardstock and sponged green ink around him. I love the eerie feel this creates! After matting it on a black rectangle, I dressed it up with some spider web punchies to 2 of the corners.

I created the stamped background myself stamping the Accent Bats (517A) and the Small Happy Halloween sentiment (042A) randomly on neon green cardstock.  Gray cardstock was added to the other side with a small black scrap that covered the seam.  I embellished the gray panel with 3 tiny neon green brads and then popped up the "Who's Your Mummy" sentiment (909D) in the lower right hand corner.

So, are you going to join us in this Bright and Neon colored challenge? I can't wait to see all the fun cards that will enter this one! 

Until next time...

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin