Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, September 26, 2013

So Spooky!

Hi Everyone! Hope your day is off to a fabulous start!
Can you believe it's almost October already!?!? It will be ghost and goblin time before we know it! The new blog challenge over at DRS Designs, "So Spooky it's Scary" and THIS CARD from Splitcoast Stampers inspired me to create this Spooky Halloween card.  I'm really happy with how it turned out-actually it's better than I thought it would be.  I think it really has an eerie, spooky feel! 


The first thing I did was heat emboss the Spooky Tree with Moon (070L) on a white card front.  Then, I taped a large circle Nestability die centered over the image and used it as a stencil. I sponged the moon area with yellow inks and the rest of the area with an eerie purple ink. I love how it really looks like the full moon is glowing in the darkness! Next, I stamped the Spooktacular Halloween Greeting (933F). I split it up so that the first half of the sentiment was stamped above the scene and the second half was stamped below it.


I matted the card front on yellow cardstock and then used foam tape to adhere it to a 4.25" x 5.25" purple cardstock base.  An eerie card like this wouldn't be complete without a few bat punchies--I added eyes to them with a white gel pen and then adhered only their bodies so that I could fold up their wings to make them dimensional.  Eeek! Does this card give you the creeps? 

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin