Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Santa and Reindeer

Here's another Christmas card I was able to whip up rather quickly, but only cause I cheated! *wink* I found this colored image of Santa and his Reindeer (016L) and the Polka Dot Background paper (688P) in a basket where I keep leftover colored images and backgrounds.  I love it when half the work is already done for me!


I'm pretty certain the image was colored with Prisma Color Pencils and blended with Gamsol.  It's been a long time since I've used that method of coloring! Then to bling it up a bit and add some hojiday sparkle, I added Stickles at the ground level and around the image for falling snow. I also added some white flock to the cotton parts of Santa's Hat and jacket as well as his beard to make him realistic.


The card base was embossed with the Swiss Dots Embossing Folder and each layer was matted with olive green cardstock.  I love olive green and red together for Christmas cards! A red satin bow pulled everything together and I was done in a flash! 

Did you know that Christmas is already less than 100 days away?!?!?!? It's time to get started on those Holiday cards and why not start with a challenge where you could win some free product from DRS Designs? Check out the Anything Goes Challenge this week over at Chocolate, Coffee, Cards and link up your card today! 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card you have created Jennifer! I love the glitter on the ground and the image is too cute. Thank you for adding your creation to our challenge at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards.

Nadja

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin