Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Leave A Path

Way back in 2009 when I was playing around with Alcohol Inks and created this Graduation card I had several practice pieces that were stamped with the Silhouette Hilker (1026G) left over. As with all of my stamping "scraps" I keep them neatly tucked away in a binder in case I can find a future use for them.  I was conveniently able to put one of them to use use for this non-traditional graduation card I'm sharing with you today.


The image panel started as glossy white cardstock.  I sponged on blue and silver alcohol inks for the sky and the ground was done using greens and gold. I used Staz On ink and my Stamp-a-ma-jig to strategically place the Hiker image along the line where the 2 colors met. I wanted it to look like he was over looking a mountain.  I split up the Leave A Path Greeting (860G) and stamped the Hiker Boot Prints (946D) to embellish the bottom of the card front.

Graduation cards don't always have to depict a cap and gown or other school-type images.  The stamps I've used on this graduation card make it unique since graduation isn't an ending. It's just beginning of the next chapter in someone's life, and this greeting is all about heading out on your own and making a difference!

I hope I've inspired you today!

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin