Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Easter Promise

I can't believe it's March and the Easter Holy season is already underway! Where does the time go? Seems like Christmas and New Years were just last week! Perhaps it all feels so rushed because Easter is early this year. Well, regardless it's time to start showing off my Easter cards (St. Patty's Day too, stay tuned!) before it's too late! And, that's exactly what I have in store for you today!


The 2 stamps I used on this card are by DRS Designs:

I used the Easter Promise Greeting as my focal point. I stamped it in purple ink and used the same ink to shade around it while it was in a Nestie die. I decorated it with a few purple rhinestones and matted it with an oval scallop made from shimmer purple cardstock.

I used a 4" x 4" piece of light purple cardstock for the middle layer and embossed it with the Cuttlebug Textile Texture embossing folder. The bottom was punched with the Treading Water border punch. I decorated it by adding a pearl to each of the holes created by the border punch, and white grosgrain ribbon was tied in a knot just above the border.  I used smooth white cardstock for the background layer and stamped the bottom portion 3 times with the Cross In A Cross stamp.

Finished card size measures 4.25" x 5.5".

Don't forget to run over to DRS Designs and check out today's clue for the Stamp-A-Versary contest! DRS has several prizes up for grabs including a 20 stamp grand prize package. Make sure to enter today!

Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your visit!

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin