Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Snowflakes!

Happy New Year!
There's a new challenge posted at the DRS Designs Blog. This week it's a call for SNOWFLAKES!  It's out of sorts for me to create a card like this right now, as our Winter is off to a very mild start.  It's strange to not have snow on the ground yet either--nothing but some flurries, and trust me I'm not complaining! Something tells me that when the snow does start to fall, we are in for a treat--according to the Farmer's Almanac, we are supposed to have a lot of snow this Winter.  I'd be happy if the only snow we receive is the ones we make on paper! LOL! Anyways, here's my Snowflake challenge card...

...all stamps used on this card are by DRS Designs.  I created my own own background by heat embossing the interlocking snow background (015H) on white cardstock.  Then, I sponged blue ink all over it.  I used the Snowflake Cuttlebug Embossing folder to add some raised texture to the middle panel, and the focal point is the Stepping Back In Time Greeting (674H). 
Here's a close up of this beautiful Winter verse: 
If you're in the mood to create Winter cards this week, I encourage you to play along in DRS Designs Snowflake challenge.  If you're interested in making Valentine's Day and St. Patty's Day cards soon, please see all of DRS Designs new stamps HERE.  I'll be showing off some of those stamps tomorrow.

Ta ta for now...thanks for stopping by!
Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin