Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Snowman Challenge!

Have you heard of a Center Step Card? I received 2 hand stamped Christmas cards this past year using this technique, and it was just the inspiration I needed to try something different! I used the instructions found on SCS to create my Snowman card for this weeks DRS Blog challenge. This is such a fun card! I love how it turned out!


Here's what I did...The card base was created from black cardstock, and I stamped the center panel with the Interlocking Snow Background (015H). I cut small strips of white cardstock embossed with the Snowflake Cuttlebug embossing folder to decorate the side panels. The Warm Wishes Sentiment (611D) used here is actually one stamp that I split apart so that I could stamp it as shown on the red panel used to decorate the bottom of the card base. For the center image, I stamped the Silhouette Snowflake Snowman (247K) on Vellum, using white Staz On ink. I layered it on black cardstock, cut it out with an oval Nestie and added red twine for a scarf and 3 black brads for buttons. I matted it with a white scalloped oval which really made the snowman and his red scarf pop! Best part about this card is that it measures A2 size, so no need to purchase a separate envelope for mailing...Gotta like that!

Just to show you how unique this card is, I took a picture of the side view.
Hope you enjoyed seeing this card! Give it a try, it looks so much more difficult than it really is and I'm sure it will become one of your favorites as well.

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin