Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Loyalty, Love, and Friendship

The beginning of this month, DRS Designs released new stamps for Valentines Day and St. Patrick's Day. One of the new stamps is the Claddah (991F), which symbolizes loyalty, love and friendship. I used this stamp as the focal point on today's card. The DRS Blog Challenge this week is paper piecing and I thought the claddah image would look great using this technique.


Not only did I paper piece the heart, and crown, but I also pieced the Swirly Shamrocks (983F) in the background. Nothing like taking the challenge to the extreme, but I'm not quite sure I like how the background turned out--this may have been one step too far! LOL. The sentiment I used is the One Line St. Pat's Day (636D) and I thought it helped break up the starkness of the yellow panel along with a few green brads. Overall, I really like the layout of this card. I might have to put it to use again.

DRS Designs is giving away a $10 store voucher to a selected winner for this challenge.  Click HERE to check it out.  Good Luck to you if you decide to play!  

Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Karin said...

Love that pop of red!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin