Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, May 31, 2010

It's Picnic Time!

Happy Memorial Day!

Memorial Day offically kicks off the beginning of Summer for us here in the US.   It's an important time to remember and thank all of our Service men and women who have helped make our country all it is today! 

 Since this long weekend is often celebrated with picnics and BBQ's,  I thought this Fun In The Sun card was fitting for the holiday.  


All images and the sentiment are by DRS Designs.  I created my own background paper for this card by stamping the Open Plaid Backgrounder (P631) with White Staz On.  The Picnic Basket image (K1104) was colored with Copic markers, and becuase a picnic in the rain wouldn't be much fun, I chose the Fun In The Sun (D1072) greeting for this card.



Aren't those little ants cute?  I cut them off of the picnic basket stamp to use alone and create a border for the edge of my card front. They remind me of that kids tune "The Ants Go Marching!"

Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful and safe Memorial Day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin