Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Better Late Than Never!

"Because I said so, that's why!"  Did your Mom ever say this to you as kid?  My Mom said it all the time and I hated it! When I saw this new sentiment from DRS Designs I just had to laugh, it made me think of my Mom right away!  This was the Mother's Day card I made for my her.  I thought it was funny to "give her a taste of her own medicine," and let my card say it right back to her!


  The  focal image I used on this card is "Spring Time Helper" (L634) from the Cutie Pie Kids Collection.  I colored it with Copic Markers, then used the masking technique to shade blue ink for the sky and green ink for the grass.  Then I used the Easy Grass Background (E059) and dark green ink to add the grass blades to my image.



I used red and yellow Stickles to the flowers to add a bit of sparkle to my card.
Have a great day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Karin said...

Darling card and the sentiment is so cute! Love the sparkle on the flowers too!

Samantha said...

Pretty card Jennifer! I love the layers and your design is sweet!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin