Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thinking Of You!

Happy Thursday! I'm so glad the weekend is almost here.  We've been so busy lately finishing up some odds and ends in the house and in our yard, that I'm really hoping to get some time to rest since the weather is supposed to be rainy all weekend long.  (To me that also means that I hope I get to stamp, stamp, stamp!)

I created this card for Kimmy, a friend of mine, who was unable to go to on the Shackapolooza stamping weekend with the rest of us.   We passed it around and everyone signed their "Miss You" wishes.  I wanted to make sure she knew we were thinking of her, and that she hadn't been forgotten.  Stamping just isn't the same without her. 



This adorable bear image is from Holly Berry House.  I colored it with Copic markers, using a new-to-me technique taught by my friend Chelsea from the Stamp Shack.  (Thanks again for the demo!) I antiqued the edges with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distressing ink, and the sentiment is from SU! Whimsical Words.  On a card like this, I really think the embossing from the Swiss Dot Cuttlebug folder is so elegant looking, don't you think?

Hope you have a great day!

Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

awwww this is so sweet! I love the color combo!

Thanh Vo said...

Such a cute bear, Jennifer! Well I am too late, I remember seeing your DRS dt call but by the time I looked again to see if I could still apply, it was too late! Next time I will try it out. :D

Have a great week. We'll catch up when I'm back.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin