Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I've been published...Again!



Ever since I became a serious card maker about 3 years ago, one of my goals was to get my work published. It took me a long time to actually take the plunge! First, I had to get enough courage to actually write the Editor and then I had to learn to let go of my 'precious' cards if any were accepted. Finally in December 2007, I answered a Birthday card submission call for the Scrapbook Trends CARDS Magazine. Within 2 weeks I had heard back from the Editor that my card was accepted and I quickly mailed in my original card for publishing of the May 2008 issue. I was ecstatic and could hardly believe that it was actually going to happen! I think the hardest part overall is the wait time to actually see it in print--5 months! Here is the cover picture of the magazine. This issue recently hit the new stand, so I am now able to announce this publication and share with you the chosen card! I haven't received my complimentary copy of this magazine yet, but if you have it, I have been told that it can be found on page 167.



The candle stamp is by Northwoods Rubber Stamps and it was colored with Prismacolor Pencils and blended with odorless mineral spirits. The "birthday" stamp is a single, clear acrylic stamp by Clearly Wordsworth, stamped repeatedly. All cardstock is Bazzill, and the brads are from Joann's Scrap Essentials.

This is the second time my work has been published. The first time was recently in the Spring 2008 issue of Just Cards Magazine. I had 3 cards published in that issue. You can see that blog post here.


Now, that I have accomplished the goal of having my work published I am learning how addicting it can be. Everything I make is made with the hopes of submitting it. I try to answer submission calls so I send in what the magazines are looking for and I hope to have repeated success in many magazines like many of my fellow Stamp Shack sisters have done. Within the past few weeks I have answered a few more calls hoping to have cards published in Fall issues of several magazines. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and you know I will keep you all posted!

Thanks for visiting today!
Smiles,
Jennifer
PS: Have you seen my First-ever Blog candy Giveaway post? Click here to read all about it. A winner will be picked on Thursday. It could be you!

2 comments:

Candy said...

Congrats on the pub!! Fabulous card!!
Thanks for your nice comments!!

Kimmy said...

WOO HOO! Still no magazine yet? That's not right, you should have gotten one of the first sent out!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin