Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, May 5, 2008

Home From Shackapoloosa!

We went, we shopped (Oh, did we ever! Money 3) , we stamped, WE HAD A BLAST!

Well, I'm home from my Shackapoloosa weekend with my friends from the Stamp Shack. It was so much fun, and now I have the Shackapoloosa Blues! I miss it already. It went by so fast, that it's hard to believe we were there for 3 days.

Kimmy and I picked Nancy up at the Detroit airport. (She flew in from Maryland to go with us.) What would have normally been a 3 hour road trip for us took us almost 12 hours because of all the little detours we took to stop at 4 Scrapbook/stamping/craft stores along the way! It was so much fun. Nothing like a ladies road trip, ya know? We all spent some money, but I think we all could have done worse--I'm sure we all wanted too as well!

Our favorite stop was Stamping Day and Night in Fort Wayne, Indiana. It was such an awesome stamping store. We were there for almost an hour and a half, browsing the shelves (she has tons and tons of stamps!) and talking with the owner. She also showed us a few water color techniques with Tombo markers.

The next 3 days were spent here with 12 other members of the Stamp Shack, cropping the entire time, in our privately reserved conference room. We played games, we did shoebox swap projects (17 of them!) and talked, talked, talked!

Well, I could go on and on about our trip, but I am just in awe about what a fabulous time we had. So, let me tell you about the fun package I received in the mail today. I am in a Secret Sister swap on the Stamp Shack. I received a package from her with 11 brand new bottles of Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks, the blending solution, the fabric handler, glossy paper, and several samples! You can see my goodies below. I was so excited to see this package...why? Not only because it was a package from my Secret Sister, but also because over the weekend I played with them for the first time and loved them! Two of the shoebox projects from Shackapoloosa used them. I love blending the colors and making my own backgrounds! So, the ironic thing...How did my Secret Sister know that just over the weekend I put them on my wish list? I am so excited to play with them! I already have a few ideas for the alcohol ink and some of my new stamps that I bought over the weekend. Can't wait to get working on them so I can show you!


On another note, Kimmy has announced this weeks Fun Filled Friday Challenge. Our challenge is to make a card incorporating some aspect of the Cuttlebug! So, stay tuned to see our finished cards posted this Friday.

Hope your weekend was a blast like mine!





1 comment:

Kimmy said...

OOOOHHH alocohol inks I am so jealous! I think that's what I will be spending this weeks M's coupons on I have 3 50% off coupons that I have to use. Have fun with them!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin