Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, January 29, 2015

With A Cherry On Top

This cute Valentine's card I have to share with you today fits the requirements for three challenges! I didn't really plan it that way, but that's how it worked out!

*The layout follows last week's Splitcoast Stampers Sketch Challenge SC524.


*The "Cherries" inspiration photo from this weeks Cupcake Inspirations Challenge was the basis for my card theme. DRS Designs is their sponsor this week and 1 lucky winner will be picked from all the challenge participants to win a $10 store voucher for stamps at DRS Designs online catalog!!!
 

*Finally, the challenge this week on the DRS Designs blog is "So Shapely!" You are to use at least 2 different shapes on your project.  I went with a circle and hearts.

 
Both the Cherry Top Cupcake (463E) and the Sweet Valentine's Greeting (257D) are by DRS Designs.  The image was colored with Copic Markers.  The card front was embossed with a heart embossing folder and then I inked it with pink ink to make the hearts stand out. Then, I randomly added small heart die cuts to some of the embossed hearts and embellished them with a small pearl in the center.  Next, I assembled the rest of the layout as shown. The greeting banner was adhered with foam tape to pop it up for some added dimension.  Finished card size is 4.25" x 5.5."
 
Hope you enjoyed my card today!
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Smiles,
Jennifer
 

3 comments:

Indy's Designs said...

Oh this is just lovely! Love the embossing folder you've used! The little red hearts and pearls look spectacular! The cupcake is yummily colored! All in all a perfect Valentine's card! So glad you were inspired by our cherries theme challenge at Cupcake Inspirations!
Hugs,
Debbie, DT Sweetie

Nance said...

This is a fabulous Valentine's card! I like the inked embossed hearts. So glad DRS sponsored us again and glad the team played along! Can't wait til next time!

Tina said...

such a sweet card, perfectly fits our challenge...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin