Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Hearts, Flowers, and Chocolate!

  Hi Everyone! 

Today I have two opportunities for you to win free stamps from DRS Designs!!
 
The first, like every Thursday, is a new blog challenge on the DRS Designs blog. The theme is "How Sweet It Is!"  You are to use any image, punch or die cut that says "Sweet" to you...think candy, cupcakes, or a "sweet" greeting!  I chose to use DRS Designs Valentine's Hold For You Greeting (184F) because it mentions chocolate and that's about as sweet as it gets!!! Yum!
 
The second chance for free stamps from DRS Designs is over at Send a Smile 4 Kids. DRS Designs is their sponsor this week and the theme is "Valentine's for Kids." I added the Sweet Offering Cutie Pie Kid (623G) to my card to qualify for this challenge as well.    
 
 
 I started with a 4.25" x 5.5" red card stock base. Smooth, black card stock was used for the top of the card front, and the pink panel at the bottom was stamped with the Interlocking Hearts (247F) that I colored with Copic markers. I added red grosgrain ribbon to hide the seam between the two panels and tied a knot in it at the far right side. The greeting was stamped and then cut out with a Nestability die and before removing it from the die, I sponged it with red ink. It was matted with red card stock and then adhered to the center of the card front. The cutie pie kid was also colored with markers, fussy cut out and adhered to the left side of the greeting. I added a few heart punchies to decorate the empty space at the top and then my card was complete.
 
I hope you get a chance to play along in either or both of these challenges, and if you do, good luck! Leave me a comment and tell me about it so I can check it out.  I'd love to see your work too!
 
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
 
Smiles,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute!

Kathy S said...

Really Sweet Valentine card and perfect for the Send a Smile 4 Kids challenge this week. We really appreciate your joining us this challenge and hope you'll join us again next week!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin