Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Warm Wishes Mr. Snowman!

So, now that the holiday hustle and bustle is over, has your daily routine returned back to normal? All of my holiday decorations are finally put away and now that my older son is back in school, I'm finding more time to work on my resolutions--to be more organized and take more time for me! This "me" time includes whatever I want to do and stamping is high on the list!

After cleaning up and organizing my stamping table this past weekend, I quickly got back to getting inky and one of the cards I created was this Warm Winter Wishes card. So appropriate for all of us in the Midwest and East Coast experiencing another Arctic Blast right now.  We need all the warmth we can get!


I used the new Medium Mr. Snowman (242H) for the focal point of my card.  I know there's not too much coloring you can do since a snowman is all white, but I researched how to color snowman images on Pinterest and found a few tips that were helpful. One technique is to actually color outside the stamped image line. If you look close at my snowman you can see the bluish-gray ink around the edges. I think this really helps enhance how the snowman looks.  Of course coloring his hat and scarf in bright colors helps him stand out as well!  I paired this image with the Warm Wishes Greeting (611D), and decorated the card front with some iridescent snowflakes that were adhered with matching turquoise brads. The finished card size is 4.25" x 5.5."
 
I hope you're all staying warm and cozy inside today!
Thanks for stopping by! 
 
Smiles,
Jennifer
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin