Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Poppin' Holiday

It's challenge Thursday again on the DRS Designs Blog. In honor of their 100th challenge the theme is "Anything Goes!" It's so easy to play along this week and maybe you'll be the lucky winner!

Here's the card I've submitted for the challenge. Since I've been busy making Christmas cards this is the one I've entered. It's perfect for any popcorn lover!


I started with a red cardstock base that measures 4.25" x 5.5". Then I used yellow cardstock for my card front and stamped it with the Popcorn Background (1124H).  I used a white Prismacolor pencil to shade the kernels white. Then, on a white piece of cardstock I stamped the Poppin' Holiday Greeting (032F) in the upper left corner. The Bowl of Popcorn (1131G) was stamped on another piece of cardstock, colored with Copic Markers and then carefully cut out. I adhered it in the lower right corner as seen with foam tape to add some dimension. Then I stamped some kernels from the Popcorn background to fill in the empty spaces. This piece was matted with red cardstock, decorated with a black wire clip and red sparkly ribbon, and then adhered to the center of the card front.
Does it make you want some yummy, buttery popcorn right now?

I hope your holiday preparations are going well! Thanks for stopping by!

Smiles,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Love your card!So very cute!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin