Welcome to Ink N Scrap Habits!

I've created this blog to share my life & love of paper crafts with others. You will read bits and pieces of what goes on in my world and be able to see my paper craft creations! Please leave me a comment if you see something you like. I'd love to hear from you!

Friday, December 20, 2013

Merry and Bright Christmas Snowflakes

Hi Stampers! 
So, the big day is right around the corner and I'm glad to say my handmade cards are done and in the mail.  Are yours? Maybe you need some simple inspiration? I made this card after being inspired by one I saw on Pintrest. I'm in love with the red, white, and Kraft color combo! All of the white was done with heat embossing to get that nice, crisp look.  This is one of those cards that makes me realize how much I love the look of embossed stamping and wish I did it more often.



To make this card I masked off the center and stamped the Large Filigree Snowflake (1119M) and the Medium Filigree Snowflake (1123H) randomly on either side of the masked area with Versamark Ink.  Then I heat embossed it with white embossing powder.  I used a Versamark pen and ruler to draw in the center lines that were heat embossed as well.  Then, the Merry and Bright Stars Greeting (333E) was stamped in the center with red ink.  I added some twine and red gems to decorate it up a bit and then adhered it to a red cardstock base. Viola! Another holiday card done in a flash (if you don't mind heat embossing, that is!)  Festive and effective if you know what I mean and I hope you like it! 

Smiles,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin